NTSD game forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don’t Leave Home Without it: A mugger-stopper, contact lens finder, taxi caller, and search light th

3 posters

Go down

Don’t Leave Home Without it: A mugger-stopper, contact lens finder, taxi caller, and search light th Empty Don’t Leave Home Without it: A mugger-stopper, contact lens finder, taxi caller, and search light th

Post by Garda2012 Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:40 pm

This awesome all-in-one whistle saved my life once – and my boyfriend’s too!

I keep my house keys on a strap and one evening, as I was starting to unlock my front door (I’m f/NYC), a weird-looking man rushed me with an empty wine bottle in his hand. So I blew the whistle really long and loud. He stopped, turned around, and fled the other way. It took only a split second for me to get inside my house, to safety.

Shortly after I gave my bf one as a gift, he got lost while hiking during a camping trip in the Adirondack Mountains. It started to get dark and he couldn’t find the trail back to his fellow hikers. To make matters worse, there were bears in the area. He then used the whistle to call out to his friends and *luckily*.. they found him: somewhere on the other side of a ravine. But by then it was so dark they couldn’t figure out his exact location. So my boyfriend shone the flashlight in their direction and that’s how they found him. And… we lived happily ever after Wink Well.. at least they all got back at camp, and… in time for dinner Smile

During the rest of the camping trip, I also used the small but powerful flashlight to find my way in the night after stargazing or using the bushes (so to speak) or to look into my backpack for stuff. The flashlight lasted the whole five days.

Aside from wild outdoor adventures, this nifty little thing also comes in handy in the city! I actually use the whistle to hail cabs (believe it or not)., cause I’m not one of the lucky few who can whistle with their fingers.

Anyways… who knew such a little thing could prove so useful in daily life? Anyone else who has stuff like this? Please share!

Don’t Leave Home Without it: A mugger-stopper, contact lens finder, taxi caller, and search light th 5246164543_f966aeb85b
Look here!

Garda2012

Back to top Go down

Don’t Leave Home Without it: A mugger-stopper, contact lens finder, taxi caller, and search light th Empty Re: Don’t Leave Home Without it: A mugger-stopper, contact lens finder, taxi caller, and search light th

Post by Padmini Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:15 am

like, ohhh my gawd, it's cute-to-death!

Padmini

Back to top Go down

Don’t Leave Home Without it: A mugger-stopper, contact lens finder, taxi caller, and search light th Empty Re: Don’t Leave Home Without it: A mugger-stopper, contact lens finder, taxi caller, and search light th

Post by Sadb Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:17 am

Sure love those key holders.

Sadb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadb Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:17 am

Padmini wrote: like, ohhh my gawd, it's cute-to-death!
Sometimes I miss the days

Sadb

Back to top Go down

Post by Padmini Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:18 am

ohoooo.It"s just as I thought.

Padmini

Back to top Go down

Post by Padmini Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:19 am

Sadb wrote:
Padmini wrote: like, ohhh my gawd, it's cute-to-death!
Sometimes I miss the days
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Padmini

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down